In May 2015, Growth, Ownership & Exit Strategies returned for its third year. Joining Beaton’s Warren Riddell and Paul Hugh-Jones were a panel of experts who shared their insights and first-hand experience of the ownership, succession planning and exit process. The panel included:
- Bob Talbot – who sold his agency to M&C Saatchi Ltd
- Michael Snare – who sold Point Project Management to RPS Group plc
- Nick Batchelor – Partner, Quadrant Private Equity
- David Griffith – CEO, IPH Ltd (Spruson & Ferguson which IPO’d in 2014)
This enlightening and informative conference addressed internal and external options for transitioning ownership in professional services firms of all kinds. Topics covered on the day included:
- The M&A market – trends, multiples and terms
- Valuation on exit – how to maximise take-out
- Exit options – staff, trade sale, private equity, IPO options
- Organic vs. acquisitive growth – who does it well
- Current or new clients – how to invest
- Creating sustainable competitive advantage – brand purpose
Testimonials from past attendees:
“This seminar outlined clearly the various options available for succession and discussed the potential benefits & downfalls of each”.
“The content made me stop and think about our current position and what we have to do in the next 5 years”.
“The discussion and supporting data provided in the pack is very relevant to the current market climate”.
“The seminar makes you reconsider what your key focus is, how this might be portrayed by your clients and that reducing your price is not always what clients want!”.
If you would like to discuss any of the above listed topics in this area please feel free to get in touch with Warren Riddell who led this conference.
To be kept informed of when we run our next Growth, Ownership & Exit Strategies Conference, please sign up to our beatonlive newsletter here.